Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Me and the father of my 2 year old daughter were never married. There are no custody arrangements and i have fild for child support but have not yet received money. I recently got married and me my daughter moved out of state to georgia. Can i get in trouble with the court for moving? Will i have to move back to florida?

Asked on 10/23/13, 8:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

Under Georgia law you would not get in trouble for moving out of state because the father has obviously not stepped forward to legitimize the child. I do not know Florida law.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 3:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia