Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Fathers visitation with children

By court order my son was granted visitation with his children a total of four weeks during their summer break. His X-wife is now telling him that he can only have them visit for two weeks. What steps should he take to insure that his or his childrens rights are granted? I'm afraid if this matter gets tied up in court, the summer could pass by without him and his children receiving their full four weeks together.

Asked on 5/16/04, 11:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip A. Strickland Law Offices

Re: Fathers visitation with children

The willful denial of custodial visitation would make you son's ex-wife subject to contempt and is also perhaps a criminal matter. It would seem, that your son needs to file a contempt action against his ex. If time is an issue he wouild also need an expedited hearing date.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/04, 3:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia