Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am filing a no-fault divorce, I have the papers ready to file can a copy just be given to my spouse or do I legally need to have him served? Or can another person give him the papers?

Asked on 6/16/15, 8:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You cannot give your spouse the papers. He can sign an acknowledgment or be served by a Sheriff or court appointed process server. I suggest you speak with an attorney as you are already close to making mistakes.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/15, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia