Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My finacee moved in with me (GA) and now his ex-wife (Germany) is trying to get alimony. He pays me for household expenses but everything is in my name. What is our best way to prove he does not have extra available income now?

Asked on 4/30/13, 1:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

Usually the issue of alimony is addressed in the divorce paperwork. Without knowing how that issue was resolved, it is difficult to respond to your question. Also do not know if the ex-wife is a U.S. citizen living in Germany, a German citizen, where the divorce was filed, etc. Too many questions to provide adequate advice. Your fiance needs to take his divorce paperwork to an attorney for review.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/13, 2:39 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Assuming your fiance had a lawyer and did his papers properly, they are written in a way that likely does not allow alimony now if there was none in the beginning. He should call that lawyer and ask him.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/13, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia