Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

A friend of mine is dating a married man and he is getting custody of his kids. She lives with him. Would she have to move out while everything is going on or what exactly happens in this kind of case?

Asked on 8/24/13, 3:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Frankly he's doing something very stupid that could affect him getting custody, and he should discuss that with his attorney, not you.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 6:59 am

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

The prior answer is correct as far as he is doing something that may cost him custody.

Some judges are more conservative than others regarding unmarried cohabitation.

If he's not going to marry her before the custody matter is resolved, she should consider moving out as soon as possible. His attorney would be able to inform him of the political/social leaning of the judge who will handle the matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia