Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I gave temporary custody to my Aunt in 2009, of my now 4 year old son. We have a court date for a status check (???) and the case is still pending (???) I am wanting custody given back to me and we are both in agreement that he should go back to me. Someone told me that I need to ask for a new Order, because the case is still pending, but my question is what and how do I do that? Also, the temporary custody was signed by a Superior judge

Asked on 3/26/13, 1:12 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.

Your question is not clear. Sounds like you are in juvenile court. If this is a deprivation and you are under a case plan, then there are more involved than just you and the other party. But you are on the right track. You should have an attorney assigned, so talk to that attorney. If not, get one. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say temporary custody was signed by a superior court judge. If you want a good answer, write a good question that thoroughly explains the situation.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/13, 1:47 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If both parties agree, and DFCS also agrees, get an experienced family law attorney to draft a proper motion.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/13, 5:16 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

It is unclear if this is a Juvenile Court case or a Superior Court case. Either way, if you are dealing with custody of your son, I would urge you to obtain legal representation.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/13, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia