Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

How would I get my husband out of the home? I live in Georgia. He asked me if he can stay with me for awhile until he gets on his feet. It is now 2 yrs later and he won't go.he does not contribute to and bills or household needs! I recently found out he has a few addictions and will do anything to get his next fix! Including stealing from my home. He is not on my lease and I can not afford a divorce! In stuggling to pay the bills I have. What can I do???

Asked on 4/01/13, 4:58 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Until and unless you get a divorce, he stays. If this matters, you go see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/13, 5:10 pm

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.

You need a lawyer. Do some research and find the legal services group that provides pro bono services in your area. If not, find family and friends that will help you retain a lawyer who has reasonable fees. T

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 4:43 am
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I am concerned about you being in the house with someone who "will do anything" for his next fix. If you truly cannot afford an attorney, contact Legal Aid or or your local Bar Association to to see if there is a pro bono referral service in your area. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 5:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia