Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

can a judge court order for me to comply with a request strictly off of what someone thought they heard me say in the courthouse? I wasn't present when she made the order also?

Asked on 6/22/13, 12:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Obviously, from your post the Judge can do that, because the Judge did do that. Otherwise, asking for a legal opinion based on a sentence or two of only what you want to tell us is meaningless.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 1:04 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Since you chose to omit every detail, there's obviously no way to answer you except to tell you that the failure to abide by a court order is contempt.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia