Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Can I legally withhold visitation from child’s abusive father?

Child is 6yr old female and has always resided in my home. Her father and I were never married, he has legitimized and paid child support for 3 years. Never established a custody or visitation order through the court system. Long history of abuse while we were dating. I have police records to document physical abuse, emails and texts showing he is verbally and emotionally abusive. He got remarried March 17 and it seemed like a much better situation so child was able to visit every other Friday until 8pm and every Sunday. I was just made aware that he has been even more abusive with current wife and her children. He has recently moved out of her home and into an apartment. There are several police reports and records of verbal and emotional abuse as well.

Asked on 4/18/18, 6:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

If there is no visitation order he has none until and unless a court grants one.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/18, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia