Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I live in GA and traveled to CA to get married to another woman (gay marriage). I want to divorce but still live in GA. Does GA recognize a marriage from 3 years ago when it was not legal in GA?

Asked on 2/08/16, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.

I just did the first gay divorce in a local county ever. My opinion is that if it was legal in that state and now you live in Georgia where it is legal now, that you should get a divorce to ensure that your legal connection is severed. If she will agree it shouldn't be that expensive.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/16, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia