Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

We live in Georgia. I'm the biological father, but I'm not on the child's birth certificate. I pay his child support, but not through the child support agency. He lives with his mother, but am I concidered his guardian also.

Asked on 9/09/12, 1:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

No (not unless you go to court, legitimate the child, and are awarded legal custody).

Read more
Answered on 9/09/12, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia