Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I currently live in the metro atlanta area and my son lives in pennsylvania with his father.The court order was made in 2006. I was given partial custody and half of his legal custody. I was getting him the first, second and forth full weekend of each month and every tuesday and thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm. In 2008 i moved to georgia and i wanted my son to come here last summer for 6 weeks and his father refused to allow it, I feel like i have no rights and in order to see my son i have to be controled by his father. is there something i can do from here in georgia to have some kind of legal action taken? I talk to my son almost every night on the phone, he does want to be with me but when he asks his dad he gets yelled at and his dad threatens him that if he keeps asking he will not be allowed to talk to me anymore, he also forces my son to call his long time baby sitter mom, my son told me several times he has wanted to mail me pictures and cards for christmas, birthdays and mothers day and his dad will not allow him. My som is 9 years old, what can i do?

Asked on 5/10/10, 3:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you wanted to spend time with your son, moving far away was a bad decision.

Should you feel there is ground for a change of visitation or custody, Pennsylvania will have jurisdiction and you will need a lawyer there.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/10, 9:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia