Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

when a married couple are separated can a spouse refuse entry into a shared home? i have a friend who is legally married but has left the house she shared with her husband, she wants to get her belongings out of the house but locks have been changed and he has not allowed her back in, what is the right course of action she should take to gain entry and retrieve possessions?

Asked on 12/15/12, 9:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The right course of action is very simple. Hire a lawyer. For a court to intervene she will have to seek a divorce or separate maintenance.

Read more
Answered on 12/15/12, 3:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia