Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Hello. I am a minor in the state of Georgia, and I would like to know if my father, who currently doesn't have custody over me, can grant me permission to live with a family friend. My mother, who is emotionally and verbally abusive, will not give me permission to do so. I do not wish to be placed in a foster home or a group home.

Asked on 4/25/18, 2:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Plain and simple no. Only your legal custodian can make decisions. If you father wants to make decisions he would have to go to court and get custody. It is very unlikely a court would give him custody so he could transfer it to someone else.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/18, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia