Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I want to move does that constitute the right to modify custody with my kids?

Asked on 5/20/13, 3:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Your question is unanswerable as posted. Move where? Why? Who has custody now? Etc. Get this information and your current paperwork together and see a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 5:17 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I will base this response on the assumption that you have primary custody of your children. I am guessing when you say move, you mean move out of state or another town which would hinder the noncustodial parent from exercising the current parenting schedule. If that is the case then your move could trigger a modification by the other parent. The reason for your move is also important. Keep in mind you are required to provide 30 days notice of your intent to move to the other parent and provide the new address. You need to consult with a family law attorney who can give you the advice you need, including the potential ramifications which may result from a move.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia