Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I moved 3 months ago and need to file a modification of custody petition. Do I file in my previous county or my new county?

Asked on 5/07/13, 11:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Possibly neither. Depending on information you did not give us, the case may belong in the same place as the original decree, or where the other party lives, or somewhere else. No custody case should be filed without counsel, so sit down with the details, and a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 12:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia