Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If I am moving to another state, can I take my child with me if her father has no legal rights to her?

Asked on 7/08/13, 9:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Yes, if he has never legitimated the child. Note that for 6 months after you move he can sue in Georgia and you'd have to come back to defend the case.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 12:14 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You can move if he has never legitimated the child. He can, however, file to legitimate and if filed within six months, Georgia would have jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia