Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Order of Transfer

What does an order of transfer have to entail? I filed my paperwork for my divorce in the wrong county and the judge will transfer it with an order of transfer. Can someone please help me?

Asked on 3/25/09, 2:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: Order of Transfer

There is a better option in most cases. If you used an attorney you can avoid the transfer, assuming the parties will cooperate.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/09, 3:05 pm

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Order of Transfer

The fact that you filed in the wrong county plus the fact that you are asking a pretty basic question indicates to me that you really need to at least consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/09, 9:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia