Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If it says to pay a certain amount a month and you sign the agreement. Can it be changed. Lowered??? Child support. Also never saw the child support worksheet when getting the divorce as well

Asked on 8/24/13, 12:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The answer is the same as the last time you posted this. (Modifications can be sought two years after an order IF there is a significant change in financial circumstances).

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 1:01 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

A modification can be brought at any time after a divorce. After that, there is a wait of two years from the last modification. Several factors play into a modification. I would suggest you have it reviewed by an attorney. I have had clients come in after the fact who attempted a modification on their own with the "court forms" only to have it increased. As to you not seeing the worksheet, I assume you didn't have an attorney, otherwise you would have seen the worksheet. I would not do anything without speaking with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia