Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have a QDRO in place, the person in charge of the pensions at my ex husband's place says they don't honor QDROS. What can I do?

Asked on 4/30/13, 8:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You don't have a QDRO in place. A QDRO is drafted by a lawyer who will first get the pension plan approval as to content, and THEN it is submitted to the Judge (pension plans can't refuse QDROs but they do have input into content). It sounds like you messed up and had a judge sign one before getting it worked out, and you'll need your lawyer to untangle this.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/13, 8:28 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You need to speak with an attorney. This is too complicated to attempt on your own.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/13, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia