Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have a question about disciplining my girlfriend's children. I am not talking about spanking, I'm talking about time out loss of privileges and scolding and sometimes having to pick the kids up off the floor and take them to their rooms when they will not move for their mom

Asked on 5/12/13, 6:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

What is your question? The answer to it is probably going to be the same - let the parents discipline their children.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 6:44 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I am not sure what your question is. I assume you are asking if you have the right to discipline the children. That depends on the parents and whether or not they approve, which includes the father. I would advise against disciplining your girlfriend's children as it often leads to issues between you and the children's father, or can create issues between the parents. Certainly never do corporal punishment.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia