Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I was rasied by a couple that was`nt my real mother and father all my life.they where common law,they split up an i still went to my dads in the dad gave me some land it was survied and now he has passed, no will made,two common law wifes and i are in court for land and house,what rights as a common law child do i have? this is in ga.i `ve been with him since 1961

Asked on 11/05/12, 6:31 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

To give you land, he had to sign a deed. No one here has seen that deed. And no one can have two wives. So all I can tel you is that you need to call you lawyer (and if you don't have one, you need one).

Read more
Answered on 11/05/12, 6:19 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Lete me add there is no such thing as a common law child.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/12, 6:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia