Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If there is no response from the defendant after they receive a petition for divorce and they do not come to court, do they still have a right to contest the final decree after almost a year later?

Asked on 4/28/18, 6:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Possibly, if you made certain legal errors as to botched service, procedure, or fraud. Since you failed to tell us the basis for the challenge you can't get a useful answer. I assume you've asked your lawyer who actually knows the answer.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/18, 6:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia