Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i have been separted for 2 years dont know his where abouts can i file for divorce and get spouce and child support

Asked on 4/28/13, 4:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You can get a divorce if you can prove that you made a truly dilligent search, but you cannot get support in a acse where the other party is not personally served.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 5:49 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You can serve your spouse by publication and obtain a divorce. Procedures have to be followed so I suggest you speak with an attorney. You will be unable to get support if you cannot locate your spouse. You can always go to Child Support Enforcement and open a file. This can be done whether or not you are divorced.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 5:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia