Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

if i signed the birth certificate is my child legit?

Asked on 1/31/12, 11:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Signing a birth certificate does not legitimize a child in Georgia.

To legitimate the child, you either have to sign a legitimization acknowledgment or a case in Superior Court. (In some cases, marrying the mother also can accomplish legitimizing a child, depending on when you do it).

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia