Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My son has three children 1 baby and one three year old girl and a 8year old boy who lives with me his grandmother and grandfather. His father wants him to live with him. the Question is can the boy share the room with the girl. And the other question is I have had temporary custody(given to me by the parents, I never asked for custody!!!) and have never been given a penny of child support. can i take him to court to pay child support. He promised he would help with support but never anything.

Asked on 3/13/11, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

1.) There is no legal reason why the boy and girl can't share a room.

2.) Before you receive child support, you have to try and obtain custody of the child. You can petition the Court for custody (you have standing in Georgia as grandparents) of the children, especially if you have been their primary caregiver and the parents are unfit. It's a tough burden to meet and you should obtain the help of an attorney before you try and undertake this matter.

Best of luck.*******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 3/14/11, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia