Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If my son father and i get married will the child support stop??

Asked on 4/14/13, 7:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Yes, although it may be necessary to file or do paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/13, 7:54 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

It will not stop automatically. If it was obtained through Child Support Enforcement, you will need to contact the agency and let them know you are married. If a private order, you should consult with an attorney to find out the procedure to have it stopped.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia