Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

my son is in rast program in georgia his wife is filing for a divorce they have 3 children can he get any kind of legal help he wants to contest the divorce because he wants equal coustudy of his children

Asked on 6/11/13, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

I assume that he's been served? If so, he has 30 days to reply to her divorce petition with the clerk of superior court. If he doesn't respond in a timely manner, there is a very good chance that she'll get what she's asking for. I'd have him retain an attorney if I were you. Immediately if time hasn't elapsed!

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia