Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My sons ex girlfriend was charged with cruelty to children 1st and 2nd degree. DFCS has taken my sons child, and has placed him in foster care with family of the ex the child doesn't know. My son has a legal aid lawyer who hasn't done much in the way of helping, we gaff never had to deal with a lawyer and I feel this lawyer isn't too interested in what's my son's best interest. my son is the non offending parent and was told after legitimizing his child he would get his child but note Dfcs has claimed his child giving my son only supervised visitation before he even had as chance to legitmate his child. I feel DFCS is railroading my son, and taking the child into the system unfairly, what should we do.

Asked on 10/11/15, 8:27 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


Hire an attorney ASAP - might work out payment plan

Good luck

Ralph (770.985.6773 - answered 24x7)

Read more
Answered on 10/12/15, 4:32 am
Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Help your son hire the best lawyer you can afford who primarily handles these custody matters, and is in the area where he lives (and not a lawyer who solicits you and everyone else on the internet with payment plans, etc).

Read more
Answered on 10/12/15, 7:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia