Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

How do i start the process for divorce

Asked on 2/05/16, 10:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

There is no way to answer what you posted except to tell you step one is hire a lawyer. Pro se cases usually go badly. Since you did not tell us if both parties agree, what state and county each party is in and for how long, if you have children, if you have realty, if you have retirement plans, what debts you have, if family violence is an issue and other details that affect what you would do first, there is no way to tell you more.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/16, 10:37 am

You just did.

Either do the rest pro se or hire an attorney (especially of there are children and/or significant marital assets)

Good luck

(Office) 770.985.6773 (answered 24x7)

Read more
Answered on 2/06/16, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia