Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

In the state of Georgia, what rights does a married father have to his child if the wife and him are separated? They were married before the child was born and he signed the birth certificate.

Asked on 11/06/12, 8:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I am assuming you are the biological father. Even if the child was conceived prior to the marriage, the child is considered your legitimate child due to the marriage. You have equal rights to the mother. I suggest you get an attorney in order to secure your rights.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/12, 8:53 am

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You and the mother have identical rights until and unless a family law court case is filed. I urge you to get counsel as soon as possible to protect your rights.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/12, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia