Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Can I stop my ex husband taking the kids to church against their will if I have the "religion" tie breaker?

Asked on 11/04/12, 6:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The answer would depend on the exact wording of the paperwork, and also on how your use of that tiebreaker would appear to a judge if he took you to court (keeping a child from church might be viewed in a negative fashion, depending on teh details you did not share with us).

Because the missue of a tiebreaker could be the trigger for a new custody suit, you need to sit down with your lawyer and determine if and how you should act. Acting on your own and talking to a lawyer afterwards could be an enormous mistake.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia