Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

On 10/29, I submitted a change in direct deposit form to my employer which should have been processed that same day. However, on 11/14, I receive a direct deposit into the original account that I had asked to be changed. I call my employer to ask why was the paycheck deposited into the wrong account although I submitted the change request over 2 1/2 weeks ago and they advised the individual responsible never processed my request. Now, I am left with no money and unable to pay my bills because the account the paycheck was deposited into was negative (the bank took all of the money) and my employer is stating there is nothing they can do. They are staying they can’t reverse the direct deposit. I submitted my request in the appropriate timeframe needed for the change to take effect in time. Had the employee done her job, this would not have happened. Can I sue my employer in small claims court?

Asked on 11/14/18, 6:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You just asked the question and the response was that you did not provide details of the "wrong account." This post is just longer and still does not include the important details. If you sue, the Judge will ask so it does no good to leave it out here. The employer is not responsible for you having a debt. If the employer gave you the money in your account, you were paid. You have no damages if you received the money. That does not change because some of the money paid your debt. Had you not had this debt with the bank, this would not have happened.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/18, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia