Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

auto accident

Approximately 2 plus months ago, I had an accident where I was hit by a lady that ran a red light. At that moment, she begged me not to call the police. She gave me all her information and insurance information.

Few hours later I realized that I should have called the police, so I went to the police station to report the accident. The police and I went back to the accident scene and tried to call the lady that hit me to come and give a report. She was not at the phone number she gave me. There was nothing the police could do at that time.

The next dat, I called her insurance company to eile a report. There I discovered that the automobile was not registered in her name. It was registerd to her boyfriend and she was not on the insurance so the insurance company will not repaiir my car.

At this point, what solution do I have in handling this situation.

Take her to small claims court for the damages to my car?

I only have limited coverage to my car also, so my insurance company cannot help me.

I will greatly appreciate any advice.

Asked on 5/01/08, 4:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Clark McGehee Johnson & Ward

Re: auto accident

If the driver had the owner's (her boyfriend's) permission to drive his car, then the insurance would cover the accident. Should you wish to discuss this please contact our office and one of our associates will be happy to speak with you.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/08, 12:26 pm
David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

Re: auto accident

In the State of Georgia, insurance follows the car. So, unless the vehicle was stolen, she was an insured driver and they should pay for the repairs, as well as any medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give me a call at 404.529.9081.


David H. Glass

Read more
Answered on 5/01/08, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia