Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia


When filing a claim for Breach of Contract,if I am also seeking Pain and Suffering as a result do I need to file two separate claims?

Asked on 9/01/00, 8:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Breach

You cannot recover pain and suffering as a result of a breach of contract; however, you may be able to accomplish the same thing (almost) if you can prove a case for consequential damages. Also, you may have an independent claim for P & S if, e.g., you have a case for negligent or intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/00, 12:19 pm

Glenn Loewenthal Glenn Loewenthal, P.C.

Re: Breach

You can not recover pain and suffering for breach of contract, only for a tort claim.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/00, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia