Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

Hi I call a company back around October 2009 and requested a dumpster for my house trash. The company deliver the dumpster and I paid for pick up in advance . Well now that company"s phone number is disconnected and the building that they have listed for the company address is a po box in ga. By the way this is in Ga. I have no way of contacting any one to come and pick up the dumpster. Can I call someone else to remove the dumpster or do I need to get a lawyer in order to have the dumpster remove.

Asked on 4/28/10, 10:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Interesting problem. First, you should try Google and exhaust all efforts to see what happened to the company. If they filed a BR petition, you may want to call the trustee. Search the GA Sec, of State online records for any other names and addresses and send everyone a letter to see if they can assist - often individuals will list a business/home address other than the company address. If this does not work, you might next call a competitor to see 1) if they know what happened to the company and 2) whether they will pick it up and under what terms. You may find it hard to get another company to pick it up as they may not want to deal with having another company"s bin.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/10, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia