Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I am in the music industry and manage a very special artist that was on his way to becoming extremely successful. I have invested 50k already and was projected to make 5 million over the next 5 years from touring alone. He was in a car accident that has left him unable to perform duties listed in our contract and I am out of a lot of money. there is a 2 million dollar insurance cap on the at fault drivers policy and he is covered. can I sue the insurance company or is the a civil situation?

Asked on 3/02/20, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You must determine if you have standing, how are you the injured party due to the car wreck, and how do you proceed?

You might have to make an agreement with the Artist to sue the at-fault driver and you might be able move to intervene in that lawsuit and make claims against them both (that would be your last hope if everything else fails - i.e., GA impact rule, etc)

The biggest hurdles are proving your damages, if any (depends on your contract with the artist, etc etc) and proving your standing to sue either or both of them and/or the insurer(s).

Very, very complex matters--not for the timid (it can get ugly and expensive) and definitely not for untrained lay person (you need an attorney - who will probably charge you $400 to $500 per hour - with a $25,000 retainer if you can find one to take the investigation of your claims on - in the end, you may not have a case against either person and/or the insurer(s) and will be out that $25,000.00 retainer - something you must consider and do it only iif "losing that $25,000.00" will not be the slightest concern for you financially)

Good Luck

Ralph (Office 770.985.6773 - answered 24x7 by a live person every day of the year)

Read more
Answered on 3/02/20, 5:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia