Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

COS from H1 to L2


I currently have a job with my H1 visa. I want to move to my husband--name removed--place. In case I file a change of status from H1 to L2, is it legal to continue to work on the H1 if I get a job in his place?

Asked on 7/16/09, 11:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Re: COS from H1 to L2

You either have H1b status or L2 status. You cannot be in 2 statutes at the same time.

When you have changed to L2, you will need to apply for a EAD (work permit) in order to be able to accept employment and start working. With L2 work permit, there is no limitations as to where you can work (as with H1B).

Read more
Answered on 7/16/09, 11:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia