Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

if you file a i-485 to adjust status and your husband don't show up for the interview what else do you have to do to get your green card?

Asked on 8/22/10, 4:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Hire a Georgia immigration attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/10, 4:37 pm
Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

You will not be able to get a green card if your petitioner (husband) refuses to attend adjustment of status interview with you. If you have been petitioned by a US citizen or perm. resident husband, his presence is MANDATORY at the adjustment of status interview. This interview is for BOTH of you to attend.

Why didn't he show up? Are you separated? Is there any kind of abuse and domestic violence? (if yes, there might be another option for you to adjust status).

P.S. For immigration legal matters, an immigration attorney can be from any other State besides Georgia because immigration law is a federal law. It's more important to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney, rather than a local but inexperienced one.

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at [email protected] and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 8/27/10, 4:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia