My son was side-swiped from another vehicle. The officer found the other driver at fault and the driver that hit my son was not only found at fault but also cited for failure to yeild. Their insurance only wants to pay 80% saying that my son should have been defensive driving....What do we need to do? We just want our car fixed and they are only wanting to pay 80% and leave us with the remaining 20%. Please help.
1 Answer from Attorneys
Re: car accident
The best way to deal with insurance companies is to hire an attorney. Better sooner, than later. Avoid signing anything, talking to the insurance company or giving a statement until you do.
Related Questions & Answers
Failed to file insurance claim I have been to a chiropractor many times with health... Asked 10/22/07, 6:52 pm in United States Georgia Insurance Law
Waiting for death certificate Wife dies leaves insurance policy, stocks bonds,... Asked 9/10/07, 5:33 pm in United States Georgia Insurance Law
Guidelines on a fair settlement in an auto accident I am looking to find guidelines... Asked 8/28/07, 11:29 am in United States Georgia Insurance Law