Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

If my company is a licensed LLC in the state of Georgia and my web designer resides and has his business in another state and he sues me, where does he have to file the suit?

Asked on 5/31/12, 2:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Most likely in Georgia, but it depends on the laws of the state where he presumably resides and/or the terms of any contract addressing where to sue.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. The link to my contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/12, 3:01 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

That depends on the terms of your written contract with him, and also on what the suit is about. It may be in Georgia, or in some other locale.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/12, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia