Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

this guy was supposed to fix my car i gave him 225 dollars up front. He told me my car would be fixed in 2 days it never was it been almost 2 months now, the whole time he kept lying to me telling me its at the shop and i found out a week ago my car was impounded and its been so long that now i can no longer get my car back now i have no car because of him.The only thing is i didnt give him a receipt. Is there anything i can do or any way i can sue him.

Asked on 3/09/12, 6:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

First of all, this has nothing to do with intellectual property. In posting to patent and trademark lawyers, most lawyers on Law Guru who handle consumer matters will never see this post.

No one EVER pays car mechanics in advance, so you dealt with a criminal. And no one EVER should do a car repair without a written work order.

You probably can sue him in Magistrates (Small Claims) Court, but criminals rarely have any assets for you to recover from, so you may or may not ever see any money.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/12, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia