Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

If I have a receipt and I paid for some tires on a girls car. Can I make her pay me back or can I just flatten them cause they're mine

Asked on 8/01/14, 7:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Do you have a contract that states that the money was a loan and she is to pay you back? If not, the answer is no. Or, maybe it is just a relationship gone bad and you are trying to find a way to get her back? If you do anything to her tires or vehicle, or take any other juvenile actions, be prepared to spend some time in jail and have a restraining order entered against you. The best thing to do for a break up is to move on.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/14, 7:46 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Unless she signed a promissory note to you, you gave a girlfriend a gift. You can't charge for gifts. And when you flatten the tires you will go to prison for criminal damage to property.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/14, 6:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia