Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

My apartment was recently flooded and is currently being repaired. My apartment is unbearably hot and loud do to the 8 blowers that are throughout my unit. There are loose cords everywhere and the hardwood has even been pulled up. I am living in a construction site and I'm being told there is nothing that can be done, i have to tough it out. The estimated time to complete the repairs is 10 day and since i work from home I will not be able to work in these conditions. Do I have any rights here. (the lease says nothing on maintenance or repairs)

Asked on 5/02/17, 1:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You can immediately move claiming "constructive eviction."

(1) Then, go down to a Magistrate Court Annex near you and sue the apartment complex in the Fulton County Magistrate Court (you can do this on your own - you do not get a jury trial and are limited in the damages you can claim and get no discovery)


(2) Then, go down to Central Avenue, Atlanta, and sue the apartment complex in the Fulton County State Court (with a lawyer - and your get a lot of "bell and whistles: and a jury trial).

You'll need to claim various damages in either court and that is where a lawyer can help (he can determine all of your claims so you will be able to be made whole again).

I have done these (Landlord's side and Tenant's side) and you really do NOT want to go it alone!!

Good luck


(Office#: 770.985.6773 - answered 24x7x365)

Read more
Answered on 5/03/17, 5:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia