Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Georgia

i broke my collerboneand my orthopedic surgeon assured me over a 7 month period it would heal. during these 7 months he prescribed strong pain meds that i became vey addicted to and ended up losing my wife , a great job etc.. because of this addiction. finally he did the surgery because over those 7 months the bone never healed and it required a bone graph, metal plate , and 4 locking screws. the results of the addiction to the pain pills altered my life forever and the worst is the chronic pain i suffer to this day. do i have a case

Asked on 9/10/13, 9:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

In order to have a case for medical malpractice, you must prove that the actions of this doctor breached the standard of care. In order to determine whether or not this was in fact the case, you would have to have your case reviewed by another orthopedist. While finding one on your own to look at this is difficult, malpractice lawyers have the means to obtain your file and have it reviewed to determine whether or not you have a case. Therefore, you should contact a malpractice attorney in your area to meet with and discuss all of the details.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at [email protected], or through our website:

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Georgia