Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Georgia


dear sir,

Iam writing inbehave of my mom.She filed a medical lawsuit,with an attorney,back in september 1994.He keeps putting it off and never returns her phone calls promtly.He also keeps asking for money from her and my dad for expert wittnesess,etc.My parents are poor,and live off of my dads disability.they don't have money in the way that he it is january 2001,and nothing has been settled,or has even come close to it.Her attorney has been giving her dates for a settlement,for the past 3 years,and nothing has come about it.she has a good case for what i see,but it's been too long and they have gave up hope.The attorney has promised them it would be settled soon,but soon has never come.I hope you can help.

Thank You Kindly

Asked on 1/30/01, 1:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Windholz Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law

Re: lawsuit

You have several options: (1) Check the court file where the lawsuit is pending to make sure one was filed and if it was filed read the file to see what has been done. (2) Terminate the attorney via letter if you are not satisfied with the services or the communications with the attorney. (3) If the attorney has not filed the suit and has let the case lapse under the statute of limitations, you may have a legal malpractice claim. (4) You may want to contact the State Bar if you have been defrauded and can corroborate the matter.

You may want to contact another attorney to look into the case for you, if you can get someone who may be interested.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/01, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Georgia