Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

automobile accident

First off my name, is Jerod--name removed-- I live in Athens, Ga. My question goes back to Aug/8/1998. In the city of Covington, Ky. Now to the point I was hit by a car at age 11. Leaving a disfiguring scar across my face. After the 3yr. long wait talking with a lawyer, we ended up settling for a small sum of money.

A head, and neck surgeon got a substantial amount of the settlement check for a surgery that I rejected for personal reasons.

Now what I was wondering, is am I entitled to that money, or does the doctor keep that money.

Sorry for holes in my story but I didn't want to get too carried away.

Thanks for your time...''Law Guru''

Asked on 3/21/08, 3:05 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: automobile accident

Questions about your settlement should be directed to your lawyer. No one here can guess the terms of the settlement.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/08, 4:13 pm

David Lipton David A. Lipton & Associates

Re: automobile accident

Hello Jerod - If the physician did not perform any services he or she should be be entitled to any payment. With regard to recovering from the Dr. there is a six year statute of limitation on actions based on contract. If you would like to call my office perhaps given more detail I can give a more detailed answer.

Thank you. David Lipton

Read more
Answered on 3/21/08, 6:12 pm
Alan Cleveland Alexander & Cleveland, LLC

Re: automobile accident

You should consult with the attorney that represented you in the personal injury case to determine how and where your settlement funds were distributed.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/08, 8:06 am
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: automobile accident

Consult with a local attorney to have all the documents reviewed.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/08, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia