Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

My brother was involved in a car accident in Florida but he is from Georgia. In the car was a three year old child also. He was hit from behind and when it happen the other driver jumped out and ran. Do both parties that was in my brother's car have to have their own separate attorney or can they use the same and will my brother have any problems there because he is from Georgia? Thank you

Asked on 5/22/13, 4:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sam Levine Law Office of Sam Levine LLC

I want to learn more about the case. If you would like to talk, I would be happy to do so. My cell # is (404) 468-4689. Thx so much. Sam Levine

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 6:16 pm
David Burns David H. Burns, P. A.

In most cases, the driver and passenger can be represented by the same attorney, but your brother and the parent or guardian of the child will both have to waive any conflict of interest. That shouldn't be a problem if your brother was not at fault in the collision. In Florida, there is a presumption in a rear-end collision that the rear vehicle is at fault. The Florida Automobile No-Fault law will apply, assuming that the at-fault driver was a Florida resident. There is no problem caused by the fact that your brother is from Georgia, but Florida law will apply since the collision occurred in Florida. Your brother should contact a Florida attorney for a free consultation.

David H. Burns


Licensed in Florida and Georgia

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia