Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Hit and Run (truck to apartment)

I am a victim of a recent hit and run and was injured. While asleep on my sofa, I was awakened by a truck in my living room, knocking me across the room. My shoulder and ankle will never be the same and are very painful at times. Is there any legal recourse? I was renting the townhouse without renters insurance. Date of the invasion...7/31/06

Asked on 11/15/06, 9:17 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Re: Hit and Run (truck to apartment)

As long as you did not settle already, you are well within the limitations period.

Did you file a police report already or did the police come out to investigate?

Did the owner of the truck or the insurance company of the truck contact you about settling?

Have you contacted an attorney yet regarding the matter?

If you need legal representation, I am willing to talk to you about the incident and what has occurred in the last 3-1/2 months since the accident occurred.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/06, 4:35 pm

Robert Windholz Robert S. Windholz, Attorney At Law

Re: Hit and Run (truck to apartment)

You have a case against the truck driver and company that he was working for.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/06, 7:29 am
Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Hit and Run (truck to apartment)

You have renter's insurance, but we don't know what that covers or does not cover. Read your policy and contact your agent.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/06, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia