Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Juvenile trespasses and injures my children

Our next door neighbors 3 sons ( all age 14 & older) tresspassed on our property and hurt our 8 & 5 year old. They have been told repeatedly to stay off our land, yet they continued to do so.Now we have had to call the police because they came over and hurt our children. The police seemed unconcerned , but these boys are intemidating my children & us.They have even told my children if we try to take them to court "we will be sorry." We are wondering just what we can do ? What legal action can be taken against juveniles of this age? What are they accountable for? What is the best way to go about legal action?

Asked on 11/03/99, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alex Simanovsky Alex Simanovsky & Associates, LLC

Re: Juvenile trespasses and injures my children

Generally, the parents of the children who attacked your kids can be held responsible for the acts of their children. I would need additional information to be able to determine this. Did you give notice to the parents that their children were trespassing on your property? Potentially, a lawsuit could be filed against the parents and their children to recover damages for the injuries sustained by your kids. Please feel free to call me at 404-824-0010 to discuss this matter further.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/99, 1:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia